Cold Junction

Which product is right for your exact requirements
daliti

Cold Junction

Post by daliti »

Hello all,

Regarding the USB-TC08... what is the meaning of the cold junction?
Where is it located in the enclosure?
I'm thinking of the enclosure outside a freezer which will give very different values or am I missing something?
For what can it be used?

Second..a very usefull feature for me should be that I can add some comment to the graphs while logging. For example, I'm decreasing the thermostat at 11:00 PM from 6°C to 4°C but the measured result of this change occurs some time later.
I now have to write on a piece of paper that i modified the temperature at 11:00 and I also must look that I use the clock on my PC and not my wristwatch in case there is some difference.

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

Hello,

The cold junction is located within the TC08 enclosure. You should not place the TC08 in the freezer! This will invalidate the readings.

You can use the notes area within PicoLog to add messages and notes as the recording is happening.

Best regards,
Michael
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum

Daliti

COld Junction

Post by Daliti »

Thanks for your reply.
So, the cold junction can't be used for anything, except logging the surrounding temperature around the enclosure. Is this correct?

Regarding the notes: are they time/date stamped? We sometimes make small adjustments and therefore the clock on the PC has to be used as the time reference.

Thanks.

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

the time/date is taken from the computer so this is not a problem.

The cold junction cannot and should not be used for anything other than monitoring the ambient temperature as it is vital that it does this for the thermocouple responses to be calculated correctly.

Best Regards