Stops functioning

Forum for discussing PicoScope (version 5)
Johannes

Stops functioning

Post by Johannes »

I´m using PicoScope2202 with the latest software. I´m establishing a DDE conversation with PicoScope as a server and MatLab (6.0.0.88 R12) as a client. Suddenly PicoScope stops functioning. The window turns blank, but is still able to be minimized, but not closed. The 'Windows Task Manager' (Ctrl+Alt+Del) says that PicoScope is not responding, but are unable to End Task. Error reports are being sent. I´m left to restart my computer. When I restart the program and the computer, it functions well a couple of minutes, but soon the same thing happens again.

I suspect it has to do with the DDE conversation.
Is this something anyone know something about?

Best regards
/Johannes Lindén, Lund University, Sweden

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

Hello Johannes,

DDE support with PicoScope can be unstable. Please indicate the DDE calls you are making to access PicoScope, this will help us to identify the problem.

Best regards,
Michael
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum

robert_usa

Picoscope locks up, crashes, freezes

Post by robert_usa »

I have a Picoscope 3206 with a USB interface. When running in foreground I have no problems, however, when it runs in background (ie Picsoscope windows doesn't have focus) the software locks up and won't respond. When killed it doesn't go away until the USB cable is unplugged and won't restart unless power cycled.

I have a 1GHz compaq laptop with 1G ram running windows 2000.

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Which version of the software are you using? Does this happen with the latest version? Is the scope running when it is in the background?

If the software does crash then it will not close properly until the USB device is disconnected - this is normal.

Best Regards