I am trying to program through Automation Commands of PicoScope 6. Those features, such as configuring, obtaining waveform data, getting measurements and even FFT data, are all necessary for us to help auto-testing come true.
At the beginning, there seemed like meet our all requirements, but now, more testings, more problems. These problems are so big, I have no idea if I should continue the development in this way.
Maybe you can also provide us supports to solve those problems. I list some of them as following.
1. The waveform data got by “Copy.AsText” is different from the screen display, different from that got by [File > Save As…]. Why, I can not figure out what’s going on?
2. With the command “Copy.AsText”, I found some unexpected string of “NaN” in the clipboard buffer.
3. In some unknown cases, with the command of “PicoScope /a Measurements.CSV?”, “Command Prompt” seems like failing to wait an end-string terminator, just continuous data flow with white-space coming. In the data flow, only part of them is about measurements while the rest all is just white-space. The point is even that part of valid data flow is also only the part of expected measurements, such as “A, Cycle Time, 999.9ms, ”.
4. > PicoScope /a Trigger.Type.SelectedItem=Simple Edge
> 0ms: Trigger.Type.SelectedItem=Simple
> Error: the command Trigger.Type.SelectedItem=Simple failed
I thought it should not have failed, but obviously, the string “Edge” after the white-space is ignored.
5. With adding or deleting the spectrum views, it is impossible to get measurements of the old scope view any more. (Of course, I am sure there are always still some measurements kept in that scope view)
> PicoScope /a Measurements.CSV?
> 0ms: Measurements.CSV?
6. Attempt to do some configures which are hidden in extension dialog is always failed unless you have opened that dialog at least once time after PicoScope 6 starts. For example, “Lowpass Filtering”. With the below command sent, you will find it does not work when you open the dialog and check this.
> PicoScope /a Channel.#0.LowPass.Enable.Checked=True