ADC-16 faulty sampling

Post any questions about our serial port products
Suicyco
User
User

ADC-16 faulty sampling

Post by Suicyco »

Hi,

I have connected ADC-16 to current metering device converting current value of 0-5A to 0-2V output. I want to record current curve over time but the only value, that I get from ADC-16 is -0,08 for 0V output and 0,08 for 0,1V to 2V output (checked on multimeter). On ADC-16 terminal board the ground is connected to ground on my device output connector and output signal is connected to any channel connector.

Any idea?

Suicyco

hillp
Active User
Active User

Is your signal AC or DC?

Post by hillp »

If your current monitoring device puts out an AC signal the ADC-16 won't be able to interpret it, since it will pick off seemingly random points on the waveform. This was my problem in monitoring AC current in a motor. See my earlier post in this forum.

If you have a scope that samples faster (than the ADC-16) you can see what the output of your current device looks like. I used an ADC-11 to confirm that the signal I first tried to monitor with the ADC-16 was a 60 Hz AC sine wave, so I had to do some more work to make it a DC signal able to be read and logged by the ADC-16. It's working fine now.

Suicyco
User
User

Is your signal AC or DC?

Post by Suicyco »

I checked the output signal from the current metering device and it is no AC signal. Thanks for an idea but it does not solved my problem. Then I tried to connect the AA battery as well to make sure the signal is no wave but the result is the same. 0,08V

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

It sounds like the unit may be faulty. If you wish to return it to us so we can look at it and repair it then please contact us by email to let us know.

tech@picotech.com

Best Regards

Suicyco
User
User

Faulty ADC-16

Post by Suicyco »

I will contact your distributor that we bought the ADC-16 from. Thank You for now.