Can Picolog sofware support Automotive PicoScope 3223 ?

Forum for discussing PicoLog
Frankie

Can Picolog sofware support Automotive PicoScope 3223 ?

Post by Frankie »

I've just bought a Auto. Kit with Picoscope 3223, I've successfully installed the PicoScope Automotive Software but failed to run the PicoLog sofware during startup process, the problem seems like it can't locate the USB port connected to Picoscope 3223. From the Picotech software download site,there is a warning messge stated Picolog is not supported Picoscope 3423, I wonder is this software limitation affect Picoscope 3223 or not ?

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

The 3243 and 3223 scopes are not compatible with our PicoLog software.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Best regards,
Michael
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum

Neo20X

Another possibility????

Post by Neo20X »

hi,

I have the same problem with my 3423 scope!
Picolog is not working!!

Is there another possibility for datalogging with the 3423 scope???

thank you for your help!

regards
Markus Sonnberger

slsav

PicoLog

Post by slsav »

I would also like to know if there is any way to Data log with the PicoScope 3223.

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

Hello,

Please let me know what you mean by data logging?

If you have any particular functions you require, let me know. We may be able to include this in PicoScope software.

Any information and suggestions would be greatfully received.

Regards,
Michael
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum

slsav

Data Logging

Post by slsav »

I would like to be able to leave the Picoscope running and record all the readings over a long period to file for viewing and fault finding intermittent problems at at later time.

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

It depends on the types of signals as to whether this will work. Picoscope is not ideal for this type of application, however if you can utilise the trigger and the Save on Trigger option then you could potentially leave it running and then review the saved files.

This would inly work however if you could use the trigger to detect the fault - say for example a voltage spike. If the fault is of another type then it will not be suitable.

I hope this helps

Best Regards

jperras
User
User

Please, make it work :-)

Post by jperras »

I'd like to put my 2 cents in and ask that you let Picolog work with the 3423. Working on automobiles requires more than just looking at a cam sensor. I recently purchased the 3423 and found out the hard way that Picolog does not work with it. I just spent several days diagnosing a battery draw on a BMW 745. The logging software coupled with an amp clamp is a must. You have to see the pattern to find out whats wrong. Picolog gives me the ability to do that. Our shop is lucky enough to have 3 of your scopes. I had to borrow my old 212/3 to get the job done. I don't know if it's a hardware or software limitation as to why the logger won't work, but if you can update it, please do so. I believe any 'Automotive' scope of yours should work with the logger.

Other than that, awesome product.
Regards,
Jim

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

Hello Jim,

Thank you for this. Many other users have expressed a similar desire.

I will put this suggestion to the managing director for you all.

Best regards,
Michael
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum