Voltage & current transient recorder

Which product is right for your exact requirements
steveingram

Voltage & current transient recorder

Post by steveingram »

Hi,

I need a datalogger/scope to record voltage and current transients that occur for the trip of a circuit breaker. I need to record a minimum of 1 voltage & 1 current (preferably 3 of each) but the scope needs to trigger from a seperate signal. The system is 415V, 3 phase 50Hz so I'll need attenuator probes and current transformers. The trigger signal would be 240V, so another attenuator probe. Do you have a unit which will trigger the recording of the v & i transients and could be left for a week (say) running on it's own? Sample speed required would be 10kHz min, recording a few cycles (50ms) before and after the trigger? The usb data loggers seem good, but I'm not sure if I can trigger them as described above....

Ta very much

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Our range of data acquisition devices are mostly PC based. Therefore to get the kind of results you are looking for, you will need to dedicate a PC to the task alongside our loggers.

As for the number of channels, you would be able to achieve the results you are looking for using only one of our scopes. You would need 2x 4 channel scopes and the 3x differential probes for voltage and 3x current clamps. This would be a less cost effective solution.

Best regards,
Michael
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum

steveingram

Voltage and current transient recorder

Post by steveingram »

Thanks for that,

Which logger would you recommend then? Could you confirm that It has the ability to accept an external trigger signal as well.

Thanks