Digital Color, analog intensity issues, >= 1mS

Forum for discussing PicoScope (version 5)
MarkWyman
User
User

Digital Color, analog intensity issues, >= 1mS

Post by MarkWyman »

Hi all,
Still trying to figure out the limitations here. It seems that if I change the division timing on the PicoScope 3206 with the analog intensity or Digital Color modes, and select 1mS or greater timing, the display seems to go to goofy, or intermittant at best. Only a single sweep is displayed if any. However under 1mS these modes work fine and as expected on the same signal.

However, even though they seem to go to one-shot, the LED is constantly lit indicating active triggering, and I turned on the beeps to confirm. I am guessing it is the software on the PC. It performed the same way in 5.10 as 5.13. It seems to be the software, not the scope, as it seems the double-buffering used for the scope modes is never updating to the display. When the display does decide to update, you can see all of the previously captured data as expected all at once, if you are lucky.

This is consistantly repeatable. I am looking forward to using these modes for observing digital data streams, please help!

The standard scope display modes work fine.

nVidia GeForce 6600GT video on two Hyundai 1280x1024 19" LCDs.

Does anyone else see this? (Or not?)

Thank you for your time.

-Mark

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi Mark

Thank you for your post.

Yes there does appear to be a problem with these displays - the trace sometimes does not appear or takes a long time to appear. I will notify our software department of this and they can look into it.

Best Regards