ADC-200 / DOS seems limited to 256 samples/channel

Post any questions about our parallel port products
Trinoc
User
User

ADC-200 / DOS seems limited to 256 samples/channel

Post by Trinoc »

I've just dug out an old ADC-200 (from about 1998) which I am trying to use with an equally old Toshiba laptop, running DOS (both the software which came with it and the latest from the web).

The problem is, it seems to refuse to store more than 256 samples per channel, even though the spec says there is an 8K sample buffer per channel. For instance, if I set the timebase to 500 mictoseconds/div (5ms/screen), the sampleing rate is 48.4k samples/sec, whereas I reckon it should be sampling at 1.6M samples/sec to fill the 8k buffer.

I expect I've missed something obvious, but I can't find what it is. Can anyone help, please?

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

It sounds like you need to change the number of samples per scope trace. I do not know how to do this in the DOS software as we no longer support it.

Best Regards

Trinoc
User
User

Post by Trinoc »

Sarah wrote:It sounds like you need to change the number of samples per scope trace. I do not know how to do this in the DOS software as we no longer support it.
Thanks for the reply. Does anyone else out there know how to do this in the DOS software? I would like to be able to use my old DOS laptop as a scope and save the later Windows laptops for the stuff that really needs it. I also prefer not to install special Windows drivers for parallel ports etc., since they tend to have unwanted side effects on other uses of parallel and comms ports.