ADC-100 scope

Which product is right for your exact requirements
jansonr
User
User

ADC-100 scope

Post by jansonr »

I am looking to measure a signal from two load cells at 100Hz or faster. The signals are only about 1mV peak. Is the ADC-100 acurate enough to measure these signals or would they need to be amplified? If they do need amplification do you sell the required equipment? What maximum sampling rate would I get from the scope?

I have already tried to measure the signal with a usb TC-08, but could not get a high enough sample rate (even using 2 TC-08s to measure the each channel). Is there a way of disabling the cold junction measurement on the TC-08 to read faster? I have it set as disabled in the software but cannot get a sampling rate faster than 200ms for 1 channel. As I am using mV readings and not measuring temperature I do not need any information from the CJ. Also is there a way of reducing the accuracy of the usb TC-08 to improve the sampling rate (as there was with the old serial version)?

Thanks,

Rob

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

To get the sort of resolution you are looking for I would recommend either the ADC-212/3 or the ADC-216. Both of these have down to ±10mV ranges and thus you should be able to measure your signal. You will get the best resolution on the ADC-216 as it is a 16 bit unit. The ADC-212/3 is 12 bit.

You might find that amplifying the signal helps in measuring it. You could probably then achieve it with the ADC-100 much better.

The TC-08 will not be able to sample as quickly as you require. I have looked and I cannot see a way of reducing the resolution as you can with the serial version. This may be due to some hardware limitations.

Hope this helps

Best Regards