Come here to introduce yourself, who you are, and what you do
Galvoguru

Post by Galvoguru » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:16 pm

Hi all,

I'm an electronics and mechanical engineer in the field of laser marking and coding, I design closed-loop galvanometers, lens actuators and servos as well as general electronic circuits. I've been using a Picoscope on and off for quite a few years now, in my line of work it's invaluable to be able to store captured waveforms for reference at a later date and it's this point that has prompted me to join the forum. In the past I had 2 Channel, parallel port connected 12 Bit Picoscope, this worked well and I was able to add comments to the captured waveform before saving the file. With a new computer and Windows 7, I decided to get a new PC scope. Due to the clients I'm working with I ended up getting a TiePie HS3 dual channel scope and also a Cleverscope. The Cleverscope was purchased because it has the ability to produce gain-phase plots, this is very useful when testing and tuning notch filters. Just recently I purchased a Picoscope 6402B and downloaded the latest software. To my surprise I found I couldn't add comments to captured waveforms, I know you can add "notes" at the bottom of the screen BUT these notes are NOT saved with the image unless you save the file as a specific Picoscope file. This of course means you need the Picoscope software installed in order to open the file, totally useless if you want to save the image as a space saving jpeg and email the file to clients or incorporate the image in a Word or PowerPoint presentation. I'm now looking at purchasing a differential input scope and to be honest I'm looking at alternatives to the Picoscope 4 Channel unit, this is just because I can't add and save comments to the captured waveforms (not in a quick a simple way). With all the complexity of the Pico 6 software I find it unbelievable that "waveform comment boxes" can't be added to the feature list, it seems like a basic requirement and the other scope manufacturers have this sorted. For me it's an invaluable tool to have and use. Picotech PLEASE can you add this tool!!

Hitesh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New member

Post by Hitesh » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:36 pm

Hi Galvoguru,

Welcome to our Test and Measurement Forum! :D

Thank you for your feedback which has been passed on to our Development Team for consideration.

In the meantime, you can click Edit -> Copy Entire Window as Image as this will copy the entire PicoScope 6 window with the Notes section.

Regards,
Hitesh

Technical Support Engineer