Serial decoder data not shown when analog subview is off

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
stevenvh

Serial decoder data not shown when analog subview is off

Post by stevenvh »

I reported before that the cursor window with the times disappears when you switch off the analog subview. From the reply I gathered this is a known bug.
Now I notice that also my serial decoder data (i.c. UART) disappears when I switch off the analog subview, but have the digital subview enabled. The decoders belong to the digital data, nota bene!

In my opinion these are serious bugs, which force me to waste a lot of screen real-estate on data I'm not interested in. (I could decrease the analog area, but that also makes the serial decoder data unreadable.) Is there a timeframe for solving these?

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Serial decoder data not shown when analog subview is off

Post by Martyn »

We are looking at moving the digital channels into the standard view which will address all issues related to the sub view that you have reported. This investigation is at an early stage so no timescales at present.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

Mark_O
Advanced

Post by Mark_O »

stevenvh wrote:I reported before that the cursor window with the times disappears when you switch off the analog subview. From the reply I gathered this is a known bug.

Now I notice that also my serial decoder data (i.c. UART) disappears when I switch off the analog subview, but have the digital subview enabled. The decoders belong to the digital data, nota bene!
Does this also imply that the digital channels cannot be used, unless an analog channel is active? That would also negatively impact both sample rates, and memory depth.

I've noticed that the time cursors don't seem to extend into the digital subview? Is there a way around that? Also that the zoom control panel only seems to be available in the analog subview? Are these real limitations, or am I missing something in the UI?

- Mark

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

As mentioned we are looking at a restructure of the data presentation and these comments will be covered by this work.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

Mark_O
Advanced

Post by Mark_O »

Thanks for confirming that the additional issues I raised are actual limitations in PS6, like the ones that Steven raised. And not just oversights on my part.

Good to hear they are being looked at, for the future.

- Mark