ADC 216 DLL problem Labview XP

Post any questions about our parallel port products
Joseph

ADC 216 DLL problem Lavview XP

Post by Joseph »

Hello,

I have 2 ADC 216 // port, one new, one 6 months old.

With the associated version software PICOscope , both are OK. But using my code under Labview (using adc20032.dll) for vibration analysis:

The old works great with old dll (59Ko)
, the other with the new dll (147ko) works only the first time I launch labview after there is big problem to trigger (freezing ??).

If I close labview and relaunch it, it works ...only one time ....

I have check the PC is not the problem (on 2 PCs)

Moreover is there an hardware tip, to avoid power supply effect (50 Hz in france ) on the signal when PICO and Portable PC are using the same source ??

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

We believe this is a slight problem in the Labview example when using the newer drivers. The unit needs to be closed properly, because at present the example is not closing it. This is something that you should be able to amend yourself, we are working on fixing it here but we do not know how long it will take before we can release a new version.

With regards the 50Hz issue, you need to ground the laptop chassis to the earth. It is best to use a locking screw off a VGA, serial or // port.

Best Regards

JOseph

could you help me

Post by JOseph »

Where could I download the latest driver to see if the changes have been made ?

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

If you download and install the latest version of our software but select the custom install then you can choose to install the drivers and this will give you the latest ones.

http://www.picotech.com/software

Best Regards