CAN decode boxing

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
Mark_O
Advanced

CAN decode boxing

Post by Mark_O »

I think the Pico software has done this better in the past, but currently, it seems to lump all the fields together into one large box. This is a really poor way to visualize the data stream, and decouples the decoded data from the bits in the acquired waveform.

Also, there's a lot of extraneous tagging inserted into those boxes as well. Things like "Data: ID: 123" for the arbitration ID header, for example, where the leading "Data:" is just wasting space that it can't afford to. And when all the bytes in the Data field don't fit, they're simply truncated, with no ... indication that they've been lost. If you don't have the corresponding Window view open as well, you can't even tell they were there at all.

I vaguely recall reading here in the past that this was a recognized problem, and would be corrected in the future. But perhaps I just imagined that?

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: CAN decode boxing

Post by Martyn »

This should be covered by the rewritten serial decoding which should be out soon.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

Mark_O
Advanced

Re: CAN decode boxing

Post by Mark_O »

This should be covered by the rewritten serial decoding which should be out soon.
Thanks, Martyn. Soon is good! :mrgreen: