3206 slow in Windows 2000

Forum for discussing PicoScope (version 5)
ylo58
User
User

3206 slow in Windows 2000

Post by ylo58 »

My 3206 updates the screen at about 10 times slower rate in Windows 2000 (SP4) than it does in Windows XP (SP1). The hardware is identical in both cases. The USB2 controller is from VIA (PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3104), probably VT6202, CPU is P4 1.7 GHz.
Picoscope is Release 5.12.3, but it was slow also with an earlier version.

Is there anything I can do under Windows 2000 to improve the speed? I have updated the USB drivers, and just got the latest updates for Win2000, unfortunately with no effect.
An interesting feature is, that with 500 000 samples per trace, it updates faster when both channels are active.
Thank you in advance.

Ulo Mets.

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post, I am sorry to hear that you have been seeing problems.

There should not be a difference in the speed between the operating systems. I am not aware of any problems to this end. What I would recommend checking, however, is taht the trace line is on the thinest setting in File | Settings | Colour as there is a slight problem with the thicker traces at present causing the screen to update slowly.

Let me know how you get on.

Best Regards

ylo58
User
User

Post by ylo58 »

Hi Sarah,

thank you for the advice.
I did check the trace line thickness, it was on the thinnest setting all the time.
I think I have found the reason for the slow operation, although it is only a guess. I believe the reason was that I had installed the Pico software first, and added the USB2 controller later.
Today I uninstalled the Pico software completely and deleted in the registry everything with Pico in its name. Then I reinstalled the latest version, and it works as expected.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Ulo Mets.