data loss in capture buffer due to connection error

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
mamaschew

data loss in capture buffer due to connection error

Post by mamaschew »

When I capture a measurement with the picoscope software (without saving) and pull off the usb connection, then the software tries to reconnect the device and discards the captured data. Is there a possibility to prevent this behaviour or to restore the "last" captured signals? Of course there is no need to pull off the usb cable during a measurement, but sometimes there are situations where the connection suddenly gets lost (for example due to a pc error or the contact loss due to mechanical vibrations).

Hitesh

Re: data loss in capture buffer due to connection error

Post by Hitesh »

Hi mamaschew,

Our Development Team are aware of this issue so I have added your comments to an existing bug report.

In streaming mode captures, the data is in PC memory so it should be possible to save this to disk in the event of losing the connection. In block/rapid block mode captures, the data is still on the device, but the software shows an aggregated view (min/max data values) so it is not possible to recover the raw data.

Regards,

jojo

Post by jojo »

Hello all,

I have a similar problem and therefore wanted to inquire if this problem could be fixed? Can anyone help me further?
We used the PicoScope 6824E, if this helps.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

You need to look at the reasons why the USB connection is being interrupted. Please contact support@picotech.com and provide full details of what is happening for you.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager