EL037 Scaling

Having problems ? let us know the details here
degreec@absamail.co.za

EL037 Scaling

Post by degreec@absamail.co.za »

Hi Sarah,
1/ Why dont you have the scaling option avalable in the software???
2/ This is the program I have written in notepad and saved as a user.psc file.
Have coppied this file to all the pico directories. Cant find any form of scaling option anywhere.
3/ Do you have an update that I may download?

Please help urgently!
Richard

ps:- Using EL005 and two EL037 Converters. Purchaced this unit from Roger Freer at Rostav.

[Scale]
Name=Thermocouple Transmitter
Conditioner=373
Sensor=1
Units=°C
OutOfRange=0
Places=0
Method=0
NoOfPoints=2
Raw1=4
Scaled1=0
Raw2=20
Scaled2=1600

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

I will add your suggestion to our suggestions database and we will then consider it for inclusion in our software. In the meantime you can upgrade your software from:

http://www.picotech.com/software

With regards your scaling file. You should ensure that it is saved as user.psc and not user.psc.txt as sometimes notepad can add a .txt on the end. I can see nothing in your file that should prevent it from working, however you might like to add the following line:

Onoff=No

This will probably not make a difference to the operation of the file. You might also like to change the name to [Scale1] rather than [Scale]

You should have the file located in the directory where Enviomon is installed. It should then appear in one of the drop down boxes when setting up the channel in Locations. You need to ensure that you have the 4-20mA range selected both in the unit and in the software as this is the range that your file is addressing.

Hope this helps, let me know how you get on.

Best Regards