ADC 100 Oscilloscope Amplitude Measuring Difficulties

Post any questions about our parallel port products
dloman
User
User

ADC 100 Oscilloscope Amplitude Measuring Difficulties

Post by dloman »

I am having problems with the ADC-100 that I purchased a couple of weeks ago. I just hooked it up to a function generator to see how it works. I had my function generator set at a square wave running at 1kHz with 500mVpp. When I look at the signal with the oscilloscope, it shows me a 1kHz with about 10mV peak to peak. I then changed to a sine wave running at 1kHz with 500mVpp, and the scope showed a 1kHz square wave at 10mV peak to peak.

I have verified that the output of the function generator works with a known good oscilloscope. I can vary the frequency on the function generator, and the frequency on the pico scope varies just fine. The problem is when I vary the amplitude, the amplitude of the pico scope does not vary at all. It is stuck on 5mVpp.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

It sounds like you need to be using the adaptor for incompatible parallel ports. The symptoms you describe are those which present when this adaptor is needed. If you do not have one then please let me know via email at tech@picotech.com and send me your full contact details so that I can send you an adaptor.

When using the adaptor you need to have the following patch in the win.ini file:

[ADC100]
UseAdapter=Yes

Save this, restart, and it should now work.

Hope this helps

Best Regards