PicoScope 6 vs LabView using oscilloscope PicoScope 3205

Post any questions you may have about our current range of oscilloscopes
d_olivenza

PicoScope 6 vs LabView using oscilloscope PicoScope 3205

Post by d_olivenza »

Hi,

I am trying to measure a photodiode signal of several microseconds. I want to do it on LabView in order to improve the program later on and I use PicoScope 6 for comparison. Everything is working fine on LabView except for the vertical resolution. I get more resolution using PicoScope 6 than using my program, which is a modification of the one provided on the SDK (attached). I see something like a quantisation on the vertical axis. Can you help with this?

Kind regards
Attachments
picoscope_max2.vi
(166.73 KiB) Downloaded 580 times

Hitesh

Re: PicoScope 6 vs LabView using oscilloscope PicoScope 320

Post by Hitesh »

Hi,

It sounds like you might be using a different voltage range and/or sampling rate, or not collecting enough samples.

The best thing to do is to run a test using PicoScope 6, click Views -> View Properties and translate the settings to your LabVIEW vi.

If you are still experiencing issues with this, please post a screenshot of the PicoScope 6 display with the Properties window so that we can see your settings.

Regards,

d_olivenza

Post by d_olivenza »

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I think it is related with the sampling rate, but I don't know how to control it on my program, which I got from ps3000.vi by changing some stuff. I am able to control timebase, no of samples and range, but I don't know how to implement a control for the sampling rate. Can you help me with this?

Regards

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi,

The timebase index controls the sampling rate - please refer to the ps3000_get_timebase function in the Programmer's Guide (https://www.picotech.com/download/manua ... g-en-3.pdf)

Hope this helps,