select an asymmetric voltage range

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
stevenvh

select an asymmetric voltage range

Post by stevenvh »

When I select an input range it's always symmetric, e.g. -100mV to +100mV, or -5V to +5V. When I want to see 0V to +5V it seems I have to use the zoom function. However, when I close the zoom window (because it's in the way) the display switches back to -5V to +5V. (How) Can I keep the window I selected?

stevenvh

Re: select an asymmetric voltage range

Post by stevenvh »

Related:
when I zoom in the grid falls on odd values, like 0.385V, 0.889V, 1.393V, etc. I would have expected that "auto-arrange axes" would place the grid on more rounded values, starting with the 0V level, but that doesn't seem to do anything. To me the 0.889V line is useless, while for instance 0.900V might be useful. I guess this should be feasible based on the range shown in the window. I wouldn't even mind if the 0.889V grid line would be moved all the way to the 1V level.

aarne

Post by aarne »

When I want to see 0V to +5V...
Maybe: Tools > Custom Probes... > New Probe... > Next > Next > Use a look-up table > Create a Lookup Table > 0 > 0 > 20 > 20 > OK > Next > ... ???
Snap2.png

stevenvh

Post by stevenvh »

OK, I found that you can minimize the zoom window, so it's less in the way.

I wonder, though, why Pico didn't choose for sensitivity settings like "1V/div", "2V/div", etc, as it is common in scopes. Feature request: I'd love it when I simply can drag the vertical scale by clicking and dragging on the screen with the pointer selected. How much more intuitive can it be?

stevenvh

Post by stevenvh »

@Aarne: are you serious? This should be just a right click in the vertical axis, and select "normalize" or something.

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi stevenvh,

Please take a look at the Tech Tip from our November 2013 Newsletter for information on adjusting the scale for a unipolar input:

https://www.picotech.com/library/newsle ... -201318771

With regards to the feature request, if you move your mouse cursor over the vertical axis, the cursor should change so you can drag the scale up or down to suit.

Hope this helps.