Measure XYZ using DrDaq

Having problems ? let us know the details here
MattHayward

Measure XYZ using DrDaq

Post by MattHayward »

Hi,

I have just bought a great new DrDaq but am having trouble measuring all the channels that I need.
I have it hooked up to an Accelerometer and am hoping to measure X,Y and Z axis (via BNC) but I'm not sure if I need to change settings on PicoLog or PicoScope6 for it to read correctly, or whether I can just plug in the three BNC connectors to the Daq board?

Any help would be great, as I'm really looking forward to using my DrDaq.

Thanks in advance.

Hitesh

Re: Measure XYZ using DrDaq

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Matt,

The DrDAQ only has a single scope input via a BNC connector so you would only be able to view one axis.

How long do you need to capture data for and at what sampling interval?

We would normally recommend using a 4-channel oscilloscope in order to measure the X, Y and Z axes at the same time.

Update: You can connect the 3 axis accelerometer to the DrDAQ by making or obtaining an FCC to BNC lead for two channels and using the scope channel on the DrDAQ as well.

Regards,

MattHayward

Post by MattHayward »

Hi Hitesh,

That's great, I'll look into making an FCC to BNC cable.

I managed to gather some data from the z-axis sensor of the accelerometer, but am now having trouble deciphering exactly what I'm looking at.
So a few more questions:

Is there an easy way to calculate the frequency from the waveform I acquired? When I export the data into Excel, my graph is a straight line?!?
Do I need to calibrate the DrDaq?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

cheers

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Matt,

You can apply Measurements on the Scope and External Inputs in the PicoScope 6 software.

Hope this helps,