How to use ADC-40

Having problems ? let us know the details here
ibestriker

How to use ADC-40

Post by ibestriker »

Hi,

I have a complete receiver board. Does anyone know how to do measurement and observe the signal waves by using PicoScope software?
Do I need to put power or voltage input into the receiver board?

What is the dfference between picoscope and picolog?

Thank you. :lol:

matthew
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by matthew »

Hi,

I'm not sure what you mean by receiver board, what does it recieve? If you don't put any power into a board, then you are unlikely to be able to measure any power coming out of the board.

PicoScope is Oscilloscope software which takes data in chucks, usually synchronised by a trigger.

PicoLog is data logging software, which captures continuous streams of data.

Best Regards,
Matt Everett

Pico Software Engineer

ibestriker

How can I observe the signal wave by using the software?

Post by ibestriker »

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for your answer. Actually I just have a receiver board which will receive a signal and produce a sound.

But I don't know how can I measure or observe the signal of the output of the receiver board by using ADC-40 since there is no wire or cable connected from the ADC-40. I don't know how can we relate this hardware (ADC-40) with my own hardware (receiver board).

I am so sorry, this might sound stupid to ask you those kind of questions, but I am really a beginner in Pico Technology. I hope somebody can help me answering those questions.

Thank you.

matthew
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by matthew »

Hello Nazree,

You will need a scope probe, you can ring us up to order one of these. You can then use this to test different points on the board.

Best Regards,
Matt Everett

Pico Software Engineer

ibestriker

Can I use conventional oscilloscope probe?

Post by ibestriker »

Dear Matthew,

Could you please let me know whether or not I can use conventional oscilloscope probe? At the university laboratory, there a lot of oscilloscope. but I am not sure whether i can use it to test and measure.

What about the price of the scope probe sold?

Thanks.

matthew
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by matthew »

Yes thats fine.

Our scopes are £15 excluding Tax & delivery.

Regards,
Matt Everett

Pico Software Engineer