Problem accessing USB TC-08, LabVIEW 6.1 & 7.0, Windows

Post general discussions on using our drivers to write your own software here
h_meiring
User
User

Problem accessing USB TC-08, LabVIEW 6.1 & 7.0, Windows

Post by h_meiring »

Hi,

I and my colleague just got 3 new USB TC-08 temp dataloggers to use with LabVIEW. I am specifically trying to use it with LabVIEW 7.0 on a Windows XP machine. I have one serial TC-08 that works just fine - its vi was such that I could just call it as a sub-vi, inputting port, channel, and thermocouple type and getting the temperature as output. It's been working fine for 1 year now, with no errors at all.

However, the new USB version software and drivers do not have anything close. We can get the example vi provided (usb_tc08.vi) to run, but if you use the LabVIEW stop button to end the program instead of toggling the on/off switch, it won't run again without restarting the machine. In LabVIEW 7.0, the run arrow is broken, but no errors are reported... Also, the LED on the top of the unit is not lit, despite being plugged into the USB port - I don't know if that's normal or not...

To top it off, I tried searching my entire harddrive for the usb_tc08.llb library and the usb_tc0832.vi file, and they are nowhere to be found, even after downloading all the updated versions of drivers and PicoLog software for the unit.

Is there a vi for the USB unit like the one provided for the serial TC-08 somewhere? How can I get it? If it doesn't exist, how can I make the one provided work?

Thanks,
Heather

h_meiring
User
User

update

Post by h_meiring »

Hi - I can run the usbtc08.vi on LabVIEW 7.0 now (for some reason an error code constant string was unwired...). But I am still running into the problem where, when anything but the toggle switch is used to stop the program, it can't access the tc-08 until I close and then reopen the vi... If I remove the while loop and try to make it run just once, and then run it again, the same thing happens.

I'm assuming there's some type of session close that is not working correctly unless the toggle switch is used, but how can I work around that so I can make this a call-able sub-vi?

h_meiring
User
User

nevermind...

Post by h_meiring »

I managed to edit the vi to make it run continuously and work when called as a sub-vi. Nevermind the above...

Thanks anyway.