Record & play back via AWG (or other outputs)

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
black light

Record & play back via AWG (or other outputs)

Post by black light »

So currently I am able to record waveforms from my tests via the PicoLog software however I am unable to play them back via an output (AWG).
I know how to save files into CSV then import into PicoScope6 but the AWG wants to repeat my recorded waves (with the lowest freq at 100mHz/10Sec periods) which is too fast.
The waveforms that I record can be up to 20mins long (sampling at just 0.25-1sec) and not repeatable i.e. I want to set the AWG period = 20mins and play it just once.
Is this possible or do I need some new hardware? (currently use a 2204)
Thanks

Hitesh

Re: Record & play back via AWG (or other outputs)

Post by Hitesh »

Hi black light,

The minimum frequency for the signal generator on some of our other PicoScope oscilloscopes is 30mHz (~33.3s) so that won't help your application.

One option might be to split your waveform into smaller chunks and output them in sequence, but there will brief interruption in the signal as the waveform is changed.

Otherwise, you may have to look at a dedicated waveform generator.

Regards,

black light

Post by black light »

Thanks for getting back.
Ok so Which scope can handle the 30sec periods?
Also, how long would the break be and how would I go about setting it up to automatically change waveforms?

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi,

What is the reason for outputting the waveform you are collecting over such a long period of time?

Please note that the signal generator would have to step through each sample at a rate determined by the frequency so chances are the waveform that you have collected might not be output as expected. Breaking the waveforms in to chunks will also mean that the waveform will not be continuous.

Regards,