Record Waveforms and Playback to Output Possible?

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
black light

Record Waveforms and Playback to Output Possible?

Post by black light »

So I need to record a number of different waveforms which I currently do via the PicoLog software.
However it would be very useful for me if I can output the waveform that I just recorded so I can simulate certain situations.
I know I can record to a CSV file then import it onto PicoScope6 via the AWG however the time scale for these waves that I have can be as long as 30mins (usually 15mins) and the AWG wants to repeat the wave with a minimum frequency of 100mHz (10 Sec). As what I record is not a repeating wave (i.e. period = time for full test =15 min-30 min) this AWG dosent seem to be able to do what I need it to do.

Is there any options in PicoScope that I am missing or is there another product that can help me achive this?
FYI I currently use a 2204 as this the only scope I have with AWG function.
Thanks

Hitesh

Re: Record Waveforms and Playback to Output Possible?

Post by Hitesh »

Hi black light,

The minimum frequency for the signal generator on some of our other PicoScope oscilloscopes is 30mHz (~33.3s) so that won't help your application.

One option might be to split your waveform into smaller chunks and output them in sequence, but there will brief interruption in the signal as the waveform is changed.

Otherwise, you may have to look at a dedicated waveform generator.

Regards,

Mr.Broccoli

Post by Mr.Broccoli »

Hi Hitesch,

I am trying to generate a 600s long signal with a 2405A. Therefore, I would like to try the sequenced output that you proposed before.
Is there any way to automate the process of loading and playing the csv files I am using for my waveform?

Thank you very much in Advance!

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

Can you email in to support@picotech.com with more details of the application, the precise requirements of the signal you wish to generate, and how long interruptions in the signal can be before they would cause a problem.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager