Enviromon error message

petteesa
User
User

Enviromon error message

Post by petteesa »

We are trying to configure a system with Enviromon EL005 logger and EL056 converter. While downloading the data into the logger we get an error message "Updating time...Operation failed". What is the problem here?

Post by Guest »

The converter is of cource EL026 Temperature/Humidity

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post, I am sorry to hear you have been seeing this problem.

When the operation fails on Updating Time this means the unit needs ot be LogLoaded. This is a simple process that updates the firmware inside the logger.

To do this you need to use the LogLoad program that is in the installation directory for Enviromon (it is usually inside another directory in here). This will open a box and this gives you instructions on how to reprogram the logger. Follow this all the way through until it asks if you wish to reprogram another logger.

If you have any problems then feel free to ring us and we can talk you through it.

Hope this helps

Best Regards

petteesa
User
User

Post by petteesa »

While reprogramming the unit I get the following screen:

Resetting boot...
Programming completed... power down to restart
Loader programmed successfully
Resety the unit by pressing a paperclip gently into the hole
between the serial port connector and the LED
When thr red light is flashing,
press the Enter key on the keyboard

What are you supposed to do here? Do you really have to power the unit down (takes a long time)? It seems that whatever I do the LED starts flashing and never stops - and the original "Updating Time" -problem reappears.

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

All you need to do here is what the message says - poke a paperclip in until the LED is flashing and then press enter on the keyboard. The program then does the rest. The other messages about powering down are just the program talking to itself - I believe it's because the program has powered it down itself and is just confirming that.

At this stage the reprogramming is only half complete - that is the first section. Follow it all the way through and it will all work fine. The whole process should take no more than 10 mins.

If you get stuck feel free to call us and we will talk you through it.

Best Regards