A question about AWG

Which product is right for your exact requirements
Andrew

A question about AWG

Post by Andrew »

I'm looking for a scope with an arbitrary wavegen to which I would be able to feed data previously saved in formats ranging from EDF to .wav. I would also need to generate different colours of noise, not just white.

Does picoscope AWG support such functionality?
If so, would a model of picoscope really matter for such signals output?

Many thanks in advance,
Andrew

Hitesh

Re: A question about AWG

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Andrew,

The PicoScope 6 oscilloscope software will allow you to import a csv file, where the data values are in the range -1 to +1 corresponding to the minimum and maximum values.

The PicoScope model will determine how many samples can be stored in the Arbitrary Waveform Generator (AWG) buffer. For example, the PicoScope 3204B has an AWG buffer size of 8ks, while the PicoScope 6404D has an AWG buffer size of 64ks.

You can also import waveforms from an input or maths channel in to the Arbitrary Waveform Generator editor in the PicoScope 6 software, but the data may be downsampled if the number of points is greater than the AWG buffer size.

What output frequency do you require?

Regards,

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Many thanks for explanation!
I'm looking at low frequency range from 0 to 256 Hz.
Could you please advise which starting PicoScope model will suffice?
Would 2204A or 2205A do the job? or do I need a more advanced one?

Best,
Andrew

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Andrew,

The PicoScope 2204A and 2205A have a 4096 sample AWG buffer and are capable of outputting a waveform at a maximum frequency of 100kHz (sine wave) - you can view the full specifications via this link:

http://www.picotech.com/picoscope2200-s ... tions.html

If you require more samples to define your waveform then you will need to look at an alternative model from the PicoScope 2200 range of devices or the PicoScope 3000 series.

I hope this helps.

ippolitiorazio

Post by ippolitiorazio »

I would buy the model mso 3204, which 'the minimum frequency that can be set with an arbitrary signal?

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi,

The minimum frequency is 30 mHz (0.03 Hz). With the PicoScope 6 software, the smallest possible output frequency is this value but as the frequency is incremented, the actual output frequency will depend on the signal generator hardware.

Are you referring to the PicoScope 3204MSO or the new 3204DMSO?

Regards,

gor.unit

Post by gor.unit »

Hi,
Can I generate a limited bandwidth white noise (0.2 to 3 Hz) with the Picoscope 3000 series?
Thanks

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

We do not have the option to generate bandwidth limited white noise.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager