Picoscope 2204A & Windows 8.1 "Check USB Cable"

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
dbvanhorn

Re: Picoscope 2204A & Windows 8.1 "Check USB Cable"

Post by dbvanhorn »

Can you confirm that you have tried different ports on the PC, a different USB cable, and that the hardware drivers specifically for the USB hubs are up to date with those specified by the PC manufacturer.

Yes to all three. I'm not using any external hub on that PC, and I've tried both USB3 ports and the available USB (2?) ports.

I am running it on a different computer now, so far no issues, so it looks to be specific to that machine.
I will know more in a few hours.

I was only running your software as a cross check.

The main thing I'm using this for is a different application which interfaces through your SDK.
http://maximus.energy/index.php/software/

That application was freezing up or closing abruptly sometimes after many minutes, sometimes after a few seconds. I tried your application to be sure that it wasn't something in the "Pulsecounter" app. Your app doesn't crash, but it frequently reports "Check USB cable" which I'm guessing is caused by the same issue that crashes Pulsecounter.

Both applications appear to be fine on this PC, so far at least. I need to be able to run either app for 24 hours or so in a session.

I will also try this experiment on my laptop (Lenovo Y520) which is the platform I really need it running on.