Purchasing picoscope and logger

Which product is right for your exact requirements
shaf_01

Purchasing picoscope and logger

Post by shaf_01 »

Hi,

I am building a radiation detector for my university project. In that I would like to use picoscope and logger as my data aquisition system. I would like to record time series readings (counts), and from that calculate radiation isotope concentration. Two channels of counting would become great use to us.
What would you recommend as the data logger that would serve great use to us. These readings are to be carried out on the field and laptop access to avaialble to us.

Cheers

Shaf.
Shafil Yusuf
Queensland University of Technology
Brisbane, Qld 4000

Ph: +61402332770

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

Our units will take an analogue voltage input and log these values, our software cannot unfortunately count pulses, however you could write your own to do this if you wished.

Instead you would need to count the pulses from the data recorded by the logger.

For you needs the logger best suited to your needs will depend on the input voltage and how quickly you imagine taking samples. For example, you could use our USB ADC-11 which has 11 channels, a 0 to 2.5V input voltage range and a 20kS/s sampling rate.

If this is not enough then I would recommend the PS3204 which is a 2 channel unit with a ±20V maximum voltage input and a 50MS/s maximum sampling rate.

For both units the sampling rate is split between the active channels.

Hope this helps

Best Regards