Multiple identical or different loggers can be used at the same time on one PC running under one instance of PicoLog. Here are example instructions provided by PeterF on how to use, for instance, five USB TC-08 loggers at a time:-
1. Plug five TC-08s in via a powered USB hub. Start up PicoLog. Select 'File', then 'New Settings'. In the 'Recording' dialogue box, tick the box for 'Use multiple converters'.
2. Continue to the 'Converters' dialogue and select 'Add'. This will take you to the 'Converter Details' box where you select TC-08 (USB). PicoLog should find all the loggers.
3. Click on the first one shown in the 'USB Devices' box and click 'OK'. You will be returned to the 'Converters' dialogue where you click 'Add' again. This will take you to the 'Converter Details' box where you select TC-08 (USB) for second time.
4. When the second USB TC-08 is found, click 'OK', this will return you to the 'Converters' dialogue where two TC-08s should be shown.
5. Repeat 3 & 4 until all five USB TC-08 devices are found.
6. Click on 'Parameters' to set up each individual channel, for each TC-08, one at a time.
All five USB TC-08 devices will now behave as if they are one 40 channel data logger.
The data from all channels is saved to the data file & 'Recorder' view can display all the channels at once. Only 20 channels can be displayed at any one time in 'Graph' & 16 channels in 'Spreadsheet' view.
(Viewing more than 20/16 channels at a time would be difficult to interpret)
Note: If you are looking to use different types of PicoLog data logger devices, please ensure that the tick box to 'Install for other devices' is selected in the 'Default Device Selection' dialogue during the installation process.