6404B data logging

Having problems ? let us know the details here
tommic

6404B data logging

Post by tommic »

Hi,

It's first time i'am using picoscope and i have question:
Can't understand how data logging works with 6404B model. It seems that it can't log signal continuously, but capture waveforms with unknown delay. In picture i attached you see 4MHz sinus waveform, captured at 1MS waveform memory 500ns timebase (or 1us can't remember). I saved waveforms in .mat format, appended waveforms in matlab. And in result i see delays between waveforms appends. I guess that means that i can't capture signals continuously?
Attachments
problem.PNG

Hitesh

Re: 6404B data logging

Post by Hitesh »

Hi tommic,

When capturing data with PicoScope 6, there is a small amount of 'dead-time' when the software sets itself and the PicoScope device to collect another waveform trace.

If you are using the Software Development Kit, it is possible to create your own application to collect continuous gap-free data (limited by your hard disk if writing to file and application memory).

You can use MATLAB to access the API functions provided by the driver and collect the data. If you are interested in this, please e-mail support@picotech.com and we can provide you with some files and an example to help get you started.

Regards,