Time Units for Exported Files

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
dsherrets

Time Units for Exported Files

Post by dsherrets »

Hello,
I am trying to use an exported .csv or .txt file as an input to another program. The problem is that the exported time units are not a true reflection of the value. Rather they rely on the header to reflect the units for time.
This is all well and good if you are a human reading the file. But if you want to import it to another program (SciLab in this case) having 'pure' seconds is preferable.

Example:
My exported Text file looks as follows.

Time Channel A
(us) (V)

-14.00199926 0.58267720
-13.99999926 0.51181100
-13.99799926 0.42519690

Is there a way to export in units of "s"(seconds) vs "us"? As it is I have to go and manually append e-6 to each time entry so that my file looks like....

Time Channel A
(s) (V)
-14.00199926e-6 0.58267720
-13.99999926e-6 0.51181100
-13.99799926e-6 0.42519690

I've searched the manual and this forum, for a way to change the units but have not found one.
It sure would make sense to have this feature available.

Thanks.

Hitesh

Re: Time Units for Exported Files

Post by Hitesh »

Hi dsherrets,

Unfortunately there isn't an option to change the time units in PicoScope 6 but I have added your comments to an existing feature request.

Is it not possible to multiply the time array by 1e-6 once it is loaded into Scilab?

Regards,

dsherrets

Post by dsherrets »

Thank you for the quick reply.
To answer your question, it is, of course, possible to modify the Scilab program or to manipulate the exported files, and that is what we will do for now. However, we have other brands of o-scopes that output data in the desired format. It is problematic to switch back and forth.

If it helps to get this in the next release... The point of this experiment was to see if we can use the picoscope in several new automated test stations for our development test. We were hoping to buy several additional picoscopes for use in these stations. Having to 'massage' the data from the picoscope vs the output from other scopes adds some difficulty. Thanks for considering to implement this feature. You have a great product.

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi dsherrets,

Thank you for posting back - I've added your comments to the feature request.

Could you please e-mail support@picotech.com indicating the PicoScope model you are using and the number of units you are planning to purchase and I can also pass on this information.

Many thanks,