Fast Streaming example not working - PS2000sdk

Post your LabVIEW discussions here
akilanakil

Fast Streaming example not working - PS2000sdk

Post by akilanakil »

Hi,
I am using PicoScope 2204A. My application requires continuous unbroken stream of data to be displayed on PC screen and the fast streaming mode fits my requirement. I'm on the latest release (r10_5_0_32) of PS2000sdk. I tried to use the supplied fast streaming example (ps2000_fast_stream.vi) as a starting point.

On opening the VI there was an error in the GetFastStreamingDetails Call Library Function Node.
1 Error screen.PNG
I had to select the correct function (GetFastStreamingDetails) from the PS2000Wrap.dll.
2 Select correct function.png
Even then when I tried to run i got error on the same call lib func node, seemingly the function prototype was not correct.
3 Error-Wrong fn prototype.PNG
3 Error-Wrong fn prototype.PNG (11.02 KiB) Viewed 3598 times
Then I updated the prototype (got the new from PS2000Wrap.h) and connected zero to the new inputs
Change of prototype.PNG
Now the VI runs without any error but seemingly no data is acquired. I supply a 50Hz sine test signal (verified with Picoscope 6 and works there)
9-No signal.PNG
8-Signal in Picoscope.PNG
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
Akilan

Hitesh

Re: Fast Streaming example not working - PS2000sdk

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Akilan,

Please use the PicoScope2000ExampleFastStreaming.vi and PicoScope2000.llb files from the SDK.

This is a new Fast Streaming example that uses the updated ps2000Wrap.dll to ensure that data is not lost which was found to be an issue with the ps2000_fast_stream.vi and legacy ps2000wrap.dll.

Please ensure that you copy the correct dll files from the SDK into the LabVIEW resource folder as per the video posted on the forum:

http://www.picotech.com/support/topic14211.html

Regards,