Picoscope 4226 multiple triggering

Post your LabVIEW discussions here
Nitopi

Picoscope 4226 multiple triggering

Post by Nitopi »

Hi all!
I am using a Picoscope 4226 to get subsequent triggers . I am working at 20MHz ant I get a 2ms signal time history.
Trigger impulse occur every 16ms.
I need to get the 2ms time history "one by one" as I need to correlate it with other signals activated by the same trigger pulse.

Signal is on channel A, trigger is on channel B.

By now I am using the example "Picoscope4000GetRapidBlock.vi" but I can close the acquisition loop at about 36-40 ms instead of 16ms or less...

This mode looks like "single trigger" on "old oscilloscopes" (I need to re-arm trigger each time) .
I wonder if there is some other example to be able to use Picoscope in "Auto trigger" ( I get the trigger armed automatically after each shot...)

Thank you in advance

Luca Nitopi

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Picoscope 4226 multiple triggering

Post by Martyn »

RapidBlock will capture multiple buffers to the scopes internal memory with minimum dead time between buffers (~1usec) and automatic rearming of the trigger. The limit to how many buffers you can capture will be the size of each buffer compared with the memory depth of the scope. You then download the complete set of buffers from the scope for analysis. At this point you can then restart another set of captures.

Block mode will not automatically rearm the trigger, this needs to be handled by the application after the previous buffer has been downloaded from the scope and can lead to a rearm time between 1 and 60ms. The actual value will be dependant upon the PC, other USB users, and operating system overheads and will vary buffer to buffer.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

Nitopi

Post by Nitopi »

Unfortunally I have to acquire thousands of scans and link them to other triggered data in real time... In this moment I can get data at a rata of one trigger each 20-50 ms instead of the needed 16 ms.
So, could you confirm that there is no way to do this job?

Thanks a lot

Luca Nitopi

Nitopi

Post by Nitopi »

Do you know if other piscoscope model can guarantee a continuous 16ms trigger rate sampling?

Best regards.

Luca Nitopi

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

This will not be possible using Block Mode, you would need to use Rapid Block Mode but would then not be able to view the data until the collection of all the segments was complete.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager