Building Linux Driver for DrDAQ

Having problems ? let us know the details here
BogZab

Building Linux Driver for DrDAQ

Post by BogZab »

Just bought the DrDAQ and it works fine under Win98. Trying to use it under Linux (Suse 9.2) is proving to be diificult.

A ore-compiled kernel driver (pico.o) supplied on the CD does not load with the insmod command as recommended gives me
insmod: error inserting '/usr/sbin/pico.o': -1 Invalid module format

Donwloading the latest linux drivers provides source code but when I try and compile the kernel module using the readme instructions the "make" falls over practically at first base with a :
make: *** /usr/src/linux-2.6.8-24.11-default: No such file or directory

I think this is because in Suse there is no directory corresponding to the Linux version number as returned by uname as there must be in RedHat - software was tested under RH apparently.

Anybody succesfully compiled and installed the kernel module under Suse Linux?

Thanks

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post and your interest in building a Linux driver.

Linux drivers are offered as a service to Pico Technology customers and do not fully support every function in every product. Whilst we will do our best to help Linux customers, a timely response to questions or problems can not be guaranteed. We do not at present have anyone with enough linux knowledge to be able to answer your queries. There may be someone on the forum who can help you.

Best Regards