TC08 and Windows 7

Post any questions about our serial port products
vtran

TC08 and Windows 7

Post by vtran »

Hi,

I have been using the TC08 Serial in Windows XP and Labview 8.2. We recently upgraded our PC to Windows 7 64 bit and Labview 2013. We got the Labview runs on Windows 7 however the Pico reads 0 Degree Celsius, so I think our TC0832.DLL does not work on Windows 7 ?!?!? Does anybody know if the Pico TC08 Serial works with Windows 7? or it looks like we have to upgrade our TC08 serial to TC08 USB (which Pico said works with Windows 7)? Upgrading our TC08 serial would be a cost impact since we are using quite a lot those units. Please help.

Thanks,
Vi.

Hitesh

Re: TC08 and Windows 7

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Vi,

The driver for the serial TC-08 is compatible with Windows 7.

Have you run the PicoLog software on the Windows 7 64-bit to check the readings from the device?

Regards,

vtran

Post by vtran »

Hi Hitesh,

Thanks for the good news that we can still use the serial TC08 in Windows 7. However I lost the pico log software, and couldn't find it in your download site, probably too old... Do you mind to point me to a download link of the serial TC08 pico log software?

Thanks,
Vi.

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Vi,

The software can be downloaded from:

http://www.picotech.com/software.html

In step 1, please select 'TC-08 Thermocouple Data Logger (RS-232)' and in step 2, please select the option for 'PicoLog 5.23.0 for Windows XP (SP3)/Vista/7/8'.

Best wishes,

vtran

Post by vtran »

Hi Hitesh,

I downloaded and proved that it works with Windows 7, this is a good news to us.

Thanks for your help,
Vi.