USB driver

Post any questions you may have about our current range of oscilloscopes
reesso

USB driver

Post by reesso »

I am using pc oscilloscope 2205 successfully on windows 7 machines and picoscope ver 6_5_8. The machines are Dell Optiplex 780 and 790 models however, when I try and install the same software and plug the same hardware into an Optiplex 7010 the software locks up because the usb driver seems to be missing. in the device manager I get the the yellow exclamation mark of problems next to usb driver, this doesn't appear until you plug the scope in and will not disappear when you unplug the scope. I have tried installing version 6_6_57 but had the same problem, also tried to download and install ver 6_8_8 but that wouldn't download. Any ideas?

Hitesh

Re: USB driver

Post by Hitesh »

Hi reeso,

Please right-click the entry in the Device Manager with the yellow exclamation mark and select 'Uninstall'.

Please navigate to the PicoScope 6 installation directory (C:\Program Files\Pico Technology\PicoScope6 on Windows 7 32-bit) and locate the system folder. Please run the DPInst.exe file and this should install the USB drivers.

With regards to the download for PicoScope 6.8.8, please try downloading the file again - it should be 73.4MB in size. I would recommend installing this version.

Regards,