Matlab driver issues

Post your MATLAB discussions here
chemscope

Matlab driver issues

Post by chemscope »

Hi,

I'm currently trying to connect my 3207A via matlab. I'm running 64bit windows 7, with 64 bit 2012b Matlab, after following the instructions given (download PS3000SDK) I put all the contents of the Matlab folder into my user path in Matlab and I got the following error:

ps3000a_object = icdevice('ps3000a_IC_drv');

Operation failed: An error occurred while executing the driver disconnect code.
Library was not found
If this error is not an instrument error, use MIDEDIT to inspect the driver.

I'm guessing the I need a .dll and .lib file in the userpath on matlab, but I'm not sure which ones? What are the folders named "System" "Wrapper" and "x64" in the PS3000SDK folder?

Thanks,
Adam

Hitesh

Re: Matlab driver issues

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Adam,

The error you are getting is probably due to the 64-bit dlls not being picked up.

If you already have PicoScope 6, you do not need the system folder in the SDK, otherwise you will need to run the DPInst.exe file from the system/amd64 directory to install the USB drivers.

The 64-bit PS3000a.dll can be found in the x64 directory while the 64-bit ps3000aWrap.dll can be found in the Wrapper/x64 directory.

Could you also please e-mail support@picotech.com and I can make some additional files that you will need available to you. Please also indicate if you intend to use streaming mode capture as well.

Thanks,