XY Plots in new versions of picoscope 6

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
ncrelich

XY Plots in new versions of picoscope 6

Post by ncrelich »

We changed to a new version of the software from last years experiment.
The lab machines now have 6.7.28.7 Ver. We are using 4227. The XY plot comes up with a thick trace and a rect.
blob at the end. Our tech person found that changing the time constant helped. The plot looks OK if viewed at
500 micro seconds. But it is still thicker than the trace on my laptop yesterday. I decided to see if It was corrected with the latest version. It did not give my a chance to load a second version and erased the version on the laptop that was working OK, 6.6.50.3 I can't find the old versions on the web site. I need to go back to that version.
This is a common Physics experiment around the world, the NEVA Frank Hertz experiment. Last year we had ver.
6.6.37 and it also worked fine. There is nothing in the software release notes indicating that there were any changes
to the XY mode which
is now very poor.
Why is there no link to the older versions of the software? I believe our computer engineer has saved the version from
last year. There also appears to be no way to upload the PNG of the experiment to the forum.
Purdue University Calumet.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: XY Plots in new versions of picoscope 6

Post by Martyn »

png files should be accepted by the forum, subject to size

We have reproduced this issue and it has been logged with our development team for investigation, there has been no specific work in this area so it may take some time to find the underlying issue.

You should have been provided with a link, via our Helpdesk system, to an older version of software.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

ncrelich

Post by ncrelich »

Here are the screen shots of the earlier software.

http://chemphys.purduecal.edu/~ncrelich ... zScope.png

http://chemphys.purduecal.edu/~ncrelich ... 3-2013.png

Other information on this experiment is under its name of Frank Hertz experiment.
http://chemphys.purduecal.edu/~ncrelich ... BY_EXP.htm

Norm

ncrelich

Post by ncrelich »

Please have the helpdesk resend the link to the older versions of the software.
Norm

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

I have asked for it to be resent, please check your spam folder in case it appears there.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

simonis

Post by simonis »

(-B)] (Changes in the math-functionality?)
After replacing only the software with the old PicoScope6_r6_6_46-version everything is fine again - so it is not a question of the Operating system. I tried also version PicoScope6_r6_7_27 which shows already the xy-problems.
I would be happy if this could be fixed. Fortunately the old software works fine with Win81.
-->
we are using the picoscope 2204 at various experiments and we need the xy-mode as well.
Some weeks ago I updated some computers from WinXP to Win81 and at the same time I installed the newest Software PicoScope6_r6_8_11.
We found two problems in xy-mode: one ist the above mentioned thickening of the lines (which could be improved in WinXP by changeing the channel-bits from 8 to 11 bits - but that works no longer in Win81). The second severe difference is, that you cannot longer invert the x-axis [B --> (-B)] (Changes in the math-functionality?)
After replacing only the software with the old PicoScope6_r6_6_46-version everything is fine again - so it is not a question of the Operating system. I tried also version PicoScope6_r6_7_27 which shows already the xy-problems.
I would be happy if this could be fixed. Fortunately the old software works fine with Win81.