Resetting 4227 during Labview vi development

Post your LabVIEW discussions here
ecki@bas.ac.uk

Resetting 4227 during Labview vi development

Post by ecki@bas.ac.uk »

I am writing Labview code for a Picoscope 4227. Inevitably some changes result in failures which means the code stops before the 4227 gets a close command. I find that getting the 4227 to a state when the next time the program runs the open command works is really problematic. Sometimes just unplugging the USB cable is sufficient. Sometimes I have to restart the computer before the 4227 comes back and sometimes not even that will do. How do I reset the 4227 in a consistent way so I don't waste so much time just getting the thing to respond?

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Resetting 4227 during Labview vi development

Post by Martyn »

Unplugging the USB cable and/or going to task manager and killing the application should be sufficient. Rebooting the PC should not be necessary unless the crash has caused the O/S to fail in some way.

Are there any odd entries in the Event Viewer logs ?
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

ecki@bas.ac.uk

Re: Resetting 4227 during Labview vi development

Post by ecki@bas.ac.uk »

Martyn,
thanks for your reply. By experiment I have found that closing down Labview and restarting it solves the problem reliably but unplugging the USB connection does not. There was nothing obvious in the event viewer. Seems like Labview holds onto the usb port until either it gets a specific instruction to release it or the program closes down.
Ed