Multiple users

jarvis
User
User

Multiple users

Post by jarvis »

Checked to write a "Checked" event and are also able to add notes to existing events.
  • Users with permission "Note" are also allowed to do View-->Checked to write a "Checked" event as well as adding notes to existing events. So privileges "Check" and "Note" are identical
  • Re the above 2 points, the system does not prompt for a user when adding a note to an event, so there is no way for it to enforce the privilege.
  • Users passwords are displayed in plain text if you look at the user's profile in the Configuration screen, where as inside the .INI file it is encoded.
  • I have "disabled" a user, but that user still appears in the list of active users and it is possible to write a "Checked" event as that user.
  • I realise that this feature isn't implemented that seriously, but just thought I'd let you know a few potential fixes for the next release.

Cheers
    -->
    Hi

On Enviromon R5.10.3, I have a few users set up with various privilege levels.

I have the following observations:
    1. Users with permission "Check" are allowed to do View-->Checked to write a "Checked" event and are also able to add notes to existing events.
    2. Users with permission "Note" are also allowed to do View-->Checked to write a "Checked" event as well as adding notes to existing events. So privileges "Check" and "Note" are identical
    3. Re the above 2 points, the system does not prompt for a user when adding a note to an event, so there is no way for it to enforce the privilege.
    4. Users passwords are displayed in plain text if you look at the user's profile in the Configuration screen, where as inside the .INI file it is encoded.
    5. I have "disabled" a user, but that user still appears in the list of active users and it is possible to write a "Checked" event as that user.
    I realise that this feature isn't implemented that seriously, but just thought I'd let you know a few potential fixes for the next release.

Cheers