Uncertainties on PC-08

Which product is right for your exact requirements
Dave@schrader

Uncertainties on PC-08

Post by Dave@schrader »

I am looking for some information to allow me to accurately work out the uncertainties of my measurements whilst using our TC-08 Data-logger.

Can you supply me with the following information?

What effect does using different types of thermocouples have on the unit? This relates to the voltage created when using dissimilar metals. Notably type K and T

What is the repeatability of the TC-08?

What is the stability of the Cold Junction?

Many thanks in advance for your information.

David

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi David

Thank you for your post.

The TC-08 has an accuracy of 0.3% + 0.5C. The 0.3% is for the thermocouple and the 0.5C for the cold junction.

The accuracy of thermocouples will depend on the individual thermocouples themselves, this has to be taken into account. The accuracy of the unit however will be 0.3% and should not change according to the type of thermocouple.

I am not too sure what you mean by "repeatability" however the unit takes 200ms for each sample and 200ms for the CJC. The USB version is faster and only takes 100ms per sample and 100ms for the CJC.

The cold junction will depend on the environment in which the unit is being kept. It is advisable to keep the unit in a steady temperature as large changes intemperature could affect the CJC accuracy. However the CJC does have an accuracy of 0.5C and if kept in a stable environment shouldn't cause problems.

Hope this helps

Best Regards