Auto-restart after power outage

Forum for discussing PicoLog
davedrewoz

Auto-restart after power outage

Post by davedrewoz »

Hi

I am using an ADC 20/24 connected to a PC running Windows XP, which is running PicoLog Recorder at a museum, where we are showing a live display (of tree growth) measured using LVDTs (the logger is measuring the voltage from these instruments). The system is working well, except that the site (which is remote) is subject to periodic power outages. On these occasions, the computer restarts, but unfortunately, I am not able to work out how to get my set-up on PicoLog Recorder to automatically reset the data, re-start recording and re-display the graph. Is it possible?

Otherwise, I imagine I'll need to develop my own tool to graph the data. I am able to program with Delphi. But it is not clear to me how to do this to solve my particular problem. A solution that would work well would be to develop some kind of graphic that would automatically display in a web browser, provided the logger automatically started recording when power returned.

Any advice or suggestions will be appreciated

Regards
Dave

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Auto-restart after power outage

Post by Martyn »

Unfortunately this would not be possible with the Picolog software, it would need to be a custom application. Although we can't give any direct support for Delphi, we can give assistance with accessing the driver.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager