TC-08

Post any questions about our serial port products
Taryn

TC-08

Post by Taryn »

Hello

I would just like to check if this connection would work. The distance between the logger and the computer is about 50m. I have cat5 (ethernet cable) running the distance and ethernet to usb adapters at each end.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: TC-08

Post by Martyn »

The TC08 takes it power from the connection so this would be the biggest issue to ensure that the device has sufficient power. Please contact support@picotech.com and supply more details about the setup, including if this is a serial TC08 or a newer USB one.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

Taryn

Post by Taryn »

Could this connection be successful though. I can't find any material whether it can be done or not or if the TC -08 (usb) is capable of PoE. Its for remote data acquisition.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

The TC08 requires 5V 500mA on the USB connector. Is this a live ethernet network you are using to communicate from the PC to the device, or is it just a point to point connection that happens to use unused ethernet cable ?
Martyn

Taryn

Post by Taryn »

Its just a point to point connection. Could a connect a PoE injector for power. Or is there an industrial router that can be used for connection.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

How does the remote end ethernet to USB adapter get it's power ?
Martyn

Taryn

Post by Taryn »

I've connected a usb extender with a 60 m range. The transmitter is plugged into my laptop and the receiver is 50m away. The receiver is connected to a DC power supply and then the TC-08 is connected to the other end of the receiver. Its still not communicating. Could I purchase an enviromon unit (EL005) would this still enable remote data acquisition for around 8 temperatures?

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

This type of solution is a bit hit and miss, if it works it works, if it doesn't it can be very difficult to debug.

For EL005 questions please contact http://www.picotech.com/distrib/gb/Alph ... ology.html we do not sell this directly anymore
Martyn