What do I need?

Which product is right for your exact requirements
Jet Blast

What do I need?

Post by Jet Blast »

Hi,
I need to get info on what will be required to conduct check out on a complex setup of sensors. The types of sensors that will be installed are as follows: TC's, Types E and K, Delta transducers, Close coupled transducers, Accelerometers, LVTD's, and flow meters. Some TC's will be inaccessible and therefore will have to be metered instead of being function checked. I think that the Pico PC based O-scope/ Volt meter should handle most of these but I am not sure if it can be used to check temps. There will be as many as 600 TC's installed at one time. These will be in groups of 50 which are divided into 2 cables. I am thinking that a multiplexer card might be needed but, Is there software that will allow
one to progressivly scan the 50 channels and give a read out on the computer monitor? Also does the software that comes with the Pico-scope enable the user get a printout of the results? I would like to be able to see all 50 channels on a sheet over a period of time not
exceeding 30 minutes. A check to ensure the sensors are functioning is all that is being performed.
Thank you for your time,
R. A.

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

To measure the temperatures from thermocouples you could use our TC-08 unit. This is an 8 channel unit and accepts all types of thermocouples. Unfortunately there is no way to measure as many channels as you have, other than to have multiple units. You can connect multiple units to the computer and have them all running at once.

The TC-08 is now available as a USB version, and the software will enable you to see readings from all the channels, print from spreadsheets and graphs, and export to excel. It should be remembered that when a thermocouple is broken it still gives readings although these readings are normally unstable and incorrect.

In order to measure your other parameters you could use something like our ADC-11. This is an 11 channel voltage logger and accepts voltage inputs between 0 and 2.5V, if you sensors give outputs in this range then you should be able to connect them. The unit has a maximum sampling rate of 10kS/s which is split between the active channels.

Hope this helps

Best Regards