Removing phase shift between 2 signals

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
J2D2

Removing phase shift between 2 signals

Post by J2D2 »

Hello,

I am trying to find a way to compare two signals that are pi/4 shifted due to the hardware of the system. In order to compare it, I wan to remove the phase shift of these two signals. And this is the problem. I have an oscilloscope of series 2204 and under math channels, I am really surprised that complex numbers are not available to create a phase shift function, which seems really strange. So is that right and is there any another possibility to remove a phase shift?

Best regards and thank you for your support !

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Removing phase shift between 2 signals

Post by Martyn »

Unfortunately that can't be done in software at the present time, it may get added in the future if there is sufficient demand for it.

As a work around you could create a reference waveform for one of the channels, and display this instead of the actual channel. Reference waveforms can be moved in the time axis.

You may also be interested to know that the new beta software 6.8.3 has phase markers, with associated rulers, which may be of interest and help to show the phase relationship between the signals.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

mivsek

Post by mivsek »

Possibility to add a phase shift between A and B into expressions would be very helpful for many calculations, like capacitance and inductance, for instance.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

The closest we can currently get would be to add a Maths channel which Advances/Delays the signal

Code: Select all

Advance/Delay. Add [t] after a channel name to advance it by t seconds. For example, A[0.001] is equal to Channel A advanced by 1 millisecond, and A[–0.001] is equal to Channel A delayed by 1 millisecond.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager