SDK:Save data (*.psdata) for reviewing in Picosope6 software

Post your Linux discussions here
wo_gue@hotmail.com

SDK:Save data (*.psdata) for reviewing in Picosope6 software

Post by wo_gue@hotmail.com »

Hi,

how can I save data using the SDK, so that I can later on load it into Picosope6 ?
If this is not possible, can this be handled as a feature request ?

Thanks,
wo_gue

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: SDK:Save data (*.psdata) for reviewing in Picosope6 soft

Post by Martyn »

There is currently no way to save data from the sdk into a psdata format file that can be loaded into Picoscope 6.

The SDK allows you to capture data without the limitations that you have in the Picoscope software. These limitations exist as the software makes decisions about the amount of data it collects per screen due to the restrictions of the timebases and the collection capabilities of a wide range of devices supported by the software. It is also designed to support lower specification PC's to make Picoscope accessible to the majority of people.

What particular features of the Picoscope software are you looking for in the SDK ? It may be possible to code these from third party resources.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

wo_gue@hotmail.com

Post by wo_gue@hotmail.com »

I would like to analyze captured data, mainly using a mask to find repeating patterns. But also other features, like identifying a serial protocol stream or run mathematical functions on the data.

Could you provide specifications of the psdata format, so it would possible to write a converter ?

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

We are unable to release details of the psdata file format. Sorry.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager