picoscope startup error

Having problems ? let us know the details here
svinci
User
User

picoscope startup error

Post by svinci »

Hello,

I just installed the software for the ADC-216 on a Dell Inspiron 7500 running Win98. When I tried to run Picoscope, the Error message "Picoscope could not open the following product (ADC-216)." I looked in the System information to check that LPT1 is set, rebooted, and reinstalled the software with no luck. Any ideas?

Steve Vinci

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post, I am sorry to hear that you have been experiencing problems.

Which version of the software is this? I would recommend making sure that you are using the latest beta release R5.11.07. This can be downloaded for free from our website.

If you still have problems with this version then please let me know.

Best Regards

svinci
User
User

Post by svinci »

I tried using the latest beta release 5.11.07 with no luck (Version 5.11.06 shipped with the unit). I still get the same error message. I also tried changing the LPT port to Standard, but this is not an option for this machines BIOS. The available options are ECP, EPP and Bi-directional. I tried each one with the same results. Do I need to use the USB adapter to get this to work?

Steve
Steve V

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi Steve

Thank you for your post, I am sorry to hear that you are still seeing problems.

As you only have the BIOS settings that you mention, the USB adaptor may be the best option. The BIOS settings you have are not optimal for the performance of our product and using the USB adaptor would solve the issues you are having in getting the unit to work.

Please note that only our adaptors will work with our products.

Hope this helps

Best Regards