One big long buffer

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
ralphb

One big long buffer

Post by ralphb »

How do I combine make the buffer as long as possible, instead of having separate pages for the saving the data. I am trying to capture I2C data and have a lot of it. How do I put as much data on one page as possible?

Thanks

Ralphb

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: One big long buffer

Post by Martyn »

Have you tried running in streaming mode, 100ms/div or slower and samples as high as possible, to collect plenty of data across each screen and then zoom when you wish to look at the actual data that is collected.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

ralphb

Post by ralphb »

I have a 3206MSO with awg. Can this stream data to the pc as it received?

Also can the pico scope trigger on a patter of USB data?

Thanks

Ralphb

ralphb

Post by ralphb »

How do I enable streaming mode?

Ralphb

alan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by alan »

Hi,

As you have the 3206 MSO it can collect 128,000,000 samples into its internal memory. Firstly make sure the max buffer memory is set to more than this - say 200MS. Its the control 2nd on the right from the timebase.

Next to make sure you can use the full buffer use single shot trigger otherwise half the buffer will be used for the displayed waveform and half the one you are collecting.

The streaming mode mentioned uses the internal PC memory at slower sampling rates / long timebases but will not really make much difference as its limited to 100,000,000 samples. It will happen automatically at around 100ms/div although under tools / options / sampling you can adjust this.

Regards
Alan