can any product be made do this?

Which product is right for your exact requirements
george.shaw

can any product be made do this?

Post by george.shaw »

I need to be able to do the following:

At point A have a device (it must be a off the shelf product) that has a fixed voltage (anything from 12Vdc to 110Vac/dc) input that converts to a audio tone (any audio frequency that can be passed over a POTS telephone network) which is then passed down a telephone system (actually a PCM/CLG port).

At point B a device that will Rx the audio tone and while the audio tone is detected holds a relay closed, if the audio tone is lost or a fault develops where the signal is lost, the relay will open. The relay must be able to carry anything form 12VDC to 110VDC/AC to switch an indicator on a control/indication panel. The indications on this panel will be simple bulbs or LEDs.

There will be 20 indications (each its own Tx/Rx pair) in total.

Where can I buy such a device off the shelf (I can build my own but it MUST be a manufactured off the shelf product for my employers)?

Any ideas/help most welcome.
The audio tone is only an idea, what does the Pico enviromon network Tx over the 4 wires, could this be passed over the CLG port? If I had details I may be able to test it.

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately we do not currently have any products which will enable you to achieve this aim. The Enviromon system will not be capable of doing this, neither will any of our other products.

I hope that you will remember our products in your future projects.

Best Regards