PicoScope 6403A + MATLAB

Post your MATLAB discussions here
Toni

PicoScope 6403A + MATLAB

Post by Toni »

Hello lads,

I'm writing to ask how I can import data from PicoScope directly into MATLAB(R2010a) for further signal processing. I have a PicoScope 6403A oscilloscope and I am using PicoScope version 6.7.21.2.
Thanks in advance for any help. ; )

Hitesh

Re: PicoScope 6403A + MATLAB

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Toni,

In PicoScope 6, click File -> Save As..., and set the 'Save as' type to 'Matlab 4 files (.mat)'.

You should be able to load the file into MATLAB.

Please note that there will be a limitation depending on your PC as to whether the resulting file can be loaded - type 'memory' for information on maximum array size.

The alternative is to create your own scripts using the SDK to acquire the data from the scope into MATLAB.

Hope this helps.

Toni

Post by Toni »

Hi, thanks for your reply.
But is there any command that I can type in on MATLAB so that MATLAB can capture and load the data from PicoScope automatically? :roll: It is not possible for me to save and load the data manually for a large number of times, since I need to do some system bit error rate tests.
Thanks very much! :)

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Toni,

I'm afraid there isn't a direct way to communicate with PicoScope 6 to acquire the data.

PicoScope 6 supports automation commands from the Windows command line which you can access from MATLAB but you will still have to load in a data file.

There is some guidance on how to create scripts using the SDK to acquire data in this part of the forum. If you need any assistance with this, please post here or e-mail support@picotech.com

Regards,